Jobs Post AI


I enjoyed Sam Altman's piece on AI. https://moores.samaltman.com

I've been thinking a lot about what jobs there will be for humans once AI takes all the rote/routine ones. Here are some thoughts:
1. Tasks that are surprising or unusual. I have to admit, I stole the concept of this from Andrew Yang, but I love it! It makes total sense. AI can only succeed at routine things that require repetition, but it takes a human to handle surprise!
2. Social Jobs. These are jobs that make people feel things. Medicine is one (nursing!), teachers, musicians, therapists, people whose goal is to make us feel something!
3. Rare or scarce jobs that require rare skills. I can think of a few that are still needed! Blacksmith is a rare job that is still needed, farrier is related to that (anything to do with care of animals really).