Online Lesson Reviews From Current Students

 We use our SweetMusic.Slack.com site which works on any browser (desktop) and smartphone (android, iphone). Slack is like Messenger on steroids! It's probably one of the most robust communications platforms available, and it's FREE. We use it for communications as well as online lessons.





"I have a fairly long drive to get to the studio, and trying to make it for a lesson after work was challenging. Taking the lesson online over Slack took the stressful weeknight drive away. The experience is just like an in-person lesson. It's great." ~ Dr. Keith Higginson, Leominster


Dr. Higginson is lead scientist at a paper company. He has been studying mandolin and mandola for more than a decade. Keith also plays in the Mandolin Group and Mandolin New England



"The Slack lesson was a great alternative to in-person. With a somewhat crazy schedule, it gives me the option to not miss class because I can't make it in person. And, it was pretty close the actually being there. No delay in video, real conversation and instruction, and we were definitely able to play out duets. What a great offering." ~ Karen Adamski, Southampton


Karen Adamski is an Attorney in Easthampton, MA. She has been studying the mandolin for three years.



"I was a little skeptical at first about online lessons but found that it was just like being there in person." ~ Nancy Kida, Monson


Nancy Kida is a retired EMT and Theoretical Physical Education Professor from Northfield/Mt Hermon. She has been studying the mandolin for seven years.



"I just started taking mandolin lessons online using Slack and I have to say it's amazing that I can sit in my office (with my door shut so colleagues don't hear me) and take an hour long lesson in complete privacy! What's best about it is I can do this in any weather or whether I'm sick or whatever. It's really great. My colleagues are jealous." ~ Dr. Jaya Reddy, Sacramento, CA


Dr. Jaya Reddy is a Cardiologist at the University of Sacramento, in California. She has been studying the mandolin since 2017.


"I've been taking online lessons since I graduated from college and began my Masters in NC (1999). I am now a veterinarian at a zoo in NC. I still take online lessons. It's amazing how the quality has improved over the years. Mr. Sweet is an awesome teacher!" ~ Elizabeth F., Greensboro, NC


Elizabeth is a large animal veterinarian at a zoo in NC. She first started taking lessons online through Hotmail in the 1990s and is still taking lessons!