During the Transition

I am taking it slow in transitioning from my South Hadley location to the new store front in Granby. 



I've been in contact with various suppliers, getting catalogs and going over pricing.  I will be carrying a variety of violin and mandolin-related accessories and supplies including strings, picks, bows, shoulder rests, chin rests and other fittings, straps, cases and music stands.  In addition, I plan to stock the books and sheet music that I find most useful, and maybe a selection of other items that people ask for over time.

I'm in this for the long haul now.  Other music store owners I know are looking to retire, and I'm just beginning!  It's going to be an interesting time for sure.

I still have a lot of gear over at the South Hadley location.  Right now, there aren't any storage options at the new space, so I will probably store most of my big equipment in South Hadley and make arrangements for using it in the new space only as needed. 

I'm on the lookout for the following items and will gladly accept offers:

  • shelving units/bins for displaying record albums, sheet music, books
  • lockable outside storage unit/shed or old metal container that I can park in the parking lot and lock at night
  • used/vintage mandolins, banjos, guitars, also bows, cases